PREP & AFTERCARE
Days Before Tan:
- This is the time to wax or shave.
- Exfoliating helps ensure an even application and prolongs the life of your tan by removing dead skin cells that interfere with even obsorption. Avoid oily scrubs which can leave a residue on skin. We recommend Infinity Sun Exfoliating Body Masque which elxfoliates with non-abrasive pineapple fruit enzimes.
- Moisturize if your skin is on the dry side.
Day Of Tan:
- Do Not Apply lotions, deodorants, perfumes or make-up before application.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Dark and loose fabrics are best.
- Check the weather! Don’t get caught without an umbrella on a rainy day immediately after getting your tan.
- Excessive sweating, exercising and swimming should be avoided until after your first shower.
- Sleep in dark clothes the first night, and avoid silk sheets or garments
- During your first shower you will notice the surface bronzer washing off, which is normal. Your FAUX GLOW will still be in tact!
- Moisturize! To extend the life of your tan avoid lotions with oils or alcohol. We recommend Faux Glow EXTEND, a super-hydrating anti-aging lotion containing our highest quality antioxidants, botanicals and DHA. It's designed to keep the skin soft and silky-looking and to extend the tan for an additional 2-3 days.
How long is the average appointment?Approximately 15 minutes, including drying time.
Can I go to the gym right after my FAUX GLOW?We strongly encourage you to refrain from any vigorous exercise directly after your appointment. Profuse sweating can take the tan right off.
What should I wear?Loose dark clothing if possible.
How long will my tan last?Approximately 7-10 days. Moisturize regularly to enhance the lifespan of your FAUX GLOW. (See Aftercare)
How much do I tip my FAUX GLOW specialist?Gratuity is completely up to the discretion of the client. We strive to always provide a premium experience. As a guideline, the typical gratuity is 15-25% of your service amount.
Can I sunbathe with my FAUX GLOW?Sunbathing will not affect your GLOW but remember you MUST use sunscreen to protect your skin from dangerous UV exposure.
I'm very fair-skinned. Will FAUX GLOW look weird on me?No! Our specialized solution allows us to customize the level of color resulting in the perfect color.
Do you have evening hours?Your beauty & self esteem is our top priority. As such, we have - on occasion, offered appointments as late as 11:00 p.m.!
What areas do you serve?Currently we only serve Central Suffolk County in New York.
I'm getting married. When should I get my FAUX GLOW?We recommend getting a "trial" tan to see how great the color looks and how long it lasts. We suggest getting your FAUX GLOW 2 days before the big day.
Aftercare:To extend the life of your tan avoid lotions with oils or alcohol. We recommend Infinity Extend, a super-hydrating serum containing our highest quality antioxidants, botanicals and DHA. It's designed to keep the skin soft and silky-looking and to extend the tan for an additional 2-3 days.